Tuesday, August 17, 2010

My first song on guitar

So remember a couple of blogs ago when I mentioned that I bought a guitar that handles like a tinker-toy at Target? Well I fought through my initial desire to trash it after the first try, and gave it a second try... and a 3rd... and what do you know, I finally know like 6 chords! That's enough to write like, a billion songs on guitar! (But screw the F chord- seriously, who thought of that?)
Last week I was sitting around with my toy guitar mutilating my fingers so that I can finally have those "callouses" that they say will make it hurt less (I mean, who doesn't enjoy exposed bits of flesh on the pads of their fingertips?), and inspiration hit me for a new song. I won't go into details, but I will share the youtube post of my masterpiece.
I give you, "Thank God for Your Face", the first song I've ever written on guitar. Mind the playing skills, they are still being worked on. Here's hoping that many more hilarious tunes ensue!

Please watch, comment (if you like it. If you don't, it was probably about you.), rate (well), show your first born, etc.



Enjoy. A longer post to come as soon as I find the motivation I seem to have misplaced with my cleaning skills and rationality.

No comments:

Post a Comment